Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions.
Generally our workshops and performances are 50 minutes long.
Starting at $400
Starting at $450
Starting at $625
In-Person Indigenous Workshops & Performances
Starting at $980
Please note that our workshop prices include material costs.
Our Indigenous-run workshops and performances require more investment than our other workshops. Please note these additional related costs:
- Transporting Indigenous artists from their home communities to the Montreal-area
- Providing accommodation and transport to schools
- Offering compensation that honors the Indigenous artists’ expertise
- Sourcing materials for workshops from trusted, Indigenous organizations
- Adapting workshops to different audiences
- Contacting highly recommended and esteemed artists, developing relationships that honor the artists’ expertise and reputation
All of our workshops and performances are eligible for ArtistsInspire Grants.
Contact us for more information or register your school on the ArtistsInspire website if your school has not already done so.
For Indigenous-run workshops, you can also apply Mesure 15061.
See more information on page 104 of the Règles budgétaires de fonctionnement pour les années scolaires 2021-2022 à 2023-2024 Pdf
To Apply for Mesure 15061:
1. Determine the project details and pricing with us.
2. Fill out the Quebec Government Mesure 15061 form.
3. Make an account here: https://portail.education.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ and submit.
Performances are for large groups. These are interactive shows held in either an auditorium or a gymnasium, for a maximum of 150 participants.
Workshops are for smaller groups. These are hands-on activities for one class or a small group at a time. Workshops can be in a classroom, an outdoor space or in another location of your choice.
Most of our workshops can be tailored to any age group! Our recommended age group is mentioned in the detailed description of each workshop and performance on our website.
Not at all! Our workshops and performances are for everyone!
Our workshop and performances can be adapted for any age and are a great fit for community groups, senior centres, CHSLDs, special needs homes and more! If you would like recommendations based on your specific needs, please feel free to contact us.
Préville will come equipped with all the necessary materials, including classroom materials, individual participant kits, as well as audio visual and tech equipment.
- See each workshop’s description for specific details.
- Fees for materials will be included in your invoice.
The one exception is for online workshops, where you will need to provide a smart board with an internet connection,
The first step is to fill out our booking request form. Once we have received your request, we will get in contact with you to discuss availability and details.
On the day of the workshop or performance, the artist will arrive at your school approximately 1 hour before the pre-arranged start time, accompanied by a Préville Productions Coordinator. We will require access to the venue (classroom, auditorium, gymnasium…) ideally 30 minutes before the start time in order to set-up. We will take care of transportation, setup and takedown.