Below are some of the most commonly asked questions and solutions to some possible Préville Online! technical difficulties. If you are unable to connect to your class, please contact us! We will be available to help.
Note: Online classes are only accessible during class hours. We recommend using CHROME for your web browser and a desktop or laptop, when possible. We also support tablets and mobile devices (see below). Please try to connect 10 minutes before your class starts.
FAQs and Technical Troubleshooting
We strongly recommend you use Google Chrome as your browser for Préville Online! Our platform is optimized for Chrome.
To access the online platform:
- Try reducing your video quality on Jitsi by using Ctrl + A (“command + A” on mac) ’ on your keyboard
- Reduce video quality to ‘Low definition.’
- If this is still not enough you can also turn off your video.
- Finally choosing ‘Low bandwidth’ mode in video quality will improve audio but hide the video of your teacher/classmates – thus not the ideal option.
- Note: Some connection issues are temporary and can simply be solved by refreshing the page or closing/reopening your browser.
- Close any background videos, games or applications to speed up your internet.
- Choose a workspace closer to your router.
- Consider extending an ethernet cable to your device.
Our platform also works on phones and tablets as long as Apple devices are at least on iOS 13.7 or higher, and Android version 7.1 or higher.
For Tablet or Smartphone users, when you type the address into your URL, you will be prompted to enter the passcode that you received by email. Then you will have three choices:
- Join using the Jitsi app,
- Download the app, OR
- Launch in web. Please choose “Launch in web.” Then, proceed to joining the meeting.
Classes are held on our new and personalized platform. See “How do I log in to the online platform,” above, to learn how to connect to the platform. You are also welcome to contact us if you need any help.
All classes are held live and lead by a teacher who will be available during class to answer questions and interact with the students. If you need to speak to someone outside of class hours, please e-mail or call (450-671-2810).
Yes! We are available at all times during class hours to answer any questions by phone or by e-mail. We also have technical support available for troubleshooting difficulties that can arise.
We recommend you use Google Chrome as our platform is best optimized for this browser.